A SDG leadership journey that rewires your thinking, transforms your mindset and creates positive impact!
“I am honoured to carry the mission of the UN Global Compact forward in its efforts to mobilize businesses through its Ten Principles and in support of the Sustainable Development Goals”
“It is abundantly clear that a much deeper, faster and more ambitious response is needed to unleash the social and economic transformation needed to achieve our 2030 goals”
Global Compact Network Netherlands proudly presents the renewed and enhanced Young Professionals Program (YPP)*. This advanced leadership program is based on action-learning. It is specifically designed for future leaders that are eager to:
✓ Embark on an exciting SDG-journey and step out of their comfort zone
✓ Be part of a mixed team of young professionals that makes a difference
✓ Transform from an individual contributor to a high-performing team player
✓ Discover how to unlock game-changing potential in themselves and others
DISTINCTIVE ADVANCED LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
During a period of 12 months, you are working and learning in a multidisciplinary team of 8 to 12 young talented professionals coming from different organizations to work on three key learning objectives :
- Understanding what the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are about and together with your team deliver an impactful and innovative SDG project.
- Building and sustaining an effective multidisciplinary and cross-company team, getting insights in team building, team roles, team performance and team dynamics, understanding your own role within and contribution to the team.
- Developing leadership skills that will contribute to become an inspiring, sensitive, innovative, effective and responsible business leader.
Experiences of some of the participants
DEVELOPING ESSENTIAL LEADERSHIP SKILLS
The YPP is a smart and effective concept that stimulates the development of a unique set of core leadership skills. The top 10 soft skills participants are empowered to work on are:
- Strategic, analytical thinking and (social) innovation
- Collaboration, team building and team dynamics
- Creativity, originality and initiative
- Reasoning, problem solving and ideation
- Listening skills, judgement and decision making
- Effective communication and dealing with feedback
- Persuasion and result driven project management
- Adaptability, cognitive flexibility and self reflection
- Emotional intelligence
- Leadership and social influence
The YPP is primarily designed to target high-performing young talent at organizations participating in the UN Global Compact. The program is in 2020 also open for top talent from non-member public and private organizations. However, there are only limited spaces for organizations that are not a member of UN Global Compact.
For the teams that are kicking-off on Tuesday 15 December or Thursday 17 December we have 20 spaces available. So, if you are eager to join, don’t hesitate and apply now. We are seeking for young professionals who are:
- Aged between 25-35
- Based in the Netherlands
- Have at least 3 years of professional working experience
- Have the commitment and permission to invest 1 working day each month (for the total program 12 working days)
- Are highly motivated and have a genuine Interest in sustainability, the SDGs, innovation and teamwork
My purpose is to create a sustainable transformation together!
In my role as Program Manager I am the primary contact and I am responsible for a smooth operation of the YPP.
+31 (0)6 51146829
Linda van Beek
My wish is to engage as many entrepreneurs as possible with the Sustainable Development Goals.
In my role as Executive Director, I am responsible for the integration of the Young Professionals Program in Global Compact Network Netherlands.
DELIVERABLES OF THE FIRST THREE TEAMS:
The YPP is designed to engage your organization’s brightest and best talent. In this advanced leadership journey young professionals are challenged on sustainability, teamwork and responsible leadership. Continuous guidance will be offered by a professional team coach.
Good for you
- Learn about UN Global Compact, the Ten Principles and the SDGs.
- Get involved in Global Compact Network Netherlands. Have access to a large network of experts, businesses, NGOs, governments and other local networks of UN Global Compact on a global scale.
- Dare to challenge yourself to work in a multidisciplinary and cross-company team and gain insights in your own contribution and that of other team members to the team’s success.
- Get guidance from a senior Executive Team Coach with extensive business experience (e.g. Corporate Governance, Sustainability and Strategy & Innovation) that will also help the team to reflect on team dynamics and team performance.
- Add value to society by accelerating the realization of the SDGs by delivering an impactful project.
- Become member of the ‘SDG Young Leaders Network’ Global Compact Network Netherlands
Good for your organization
- Development of essential teamwork and leadership skills will strengthen and empower responsible leadership within your organization.
- Participants become agents of change. They will support the acceleration and integration of the SDGs and the commitment to sustainability in your business.
- Strengthen your branding as an employer of choice for top talent.
- Participants will receive after completion of the program an official certificate.
18 November 2020
15 and 17 December 2020
€3.950 ex. VAT
Is the fee for participants from members of UN Global Compact
€4.950 ex. VAT
Is the fee for participants from non-members of UN Global Compact
* If a team consists of only Dutch speaking participants the main language of the program will be Dutch.
** In 2016 Global Compact Network Netherlands started the YPP. In the pilot phase (2017-2019) 4 teams of in total 36 participants joined the program. Due to the success of the pilots we decided to renew and further enhance the YPP, and scale it up to offer more young leaders the opportunity to benefit from it. In June 2020 two new teams of in total 18 participants joined the YPP and started their leadership journey.
“The Young Professional Program of Global Compact Network brought me broad knowledge about the UN Global Sustainable Development Goals, a network of special people and a very nice experience at the Global Waste Diner that we organized in cooperation with HEINEKEN. With inspiring speakers like Ron Simpson of the Avocado Show and Maurits Groen van Kipster and a dinner made of food waste served on signs of Amsterdam rejected trees.”
Nanne van der Leer
“For me, the Young Professionals Program has opened an endless international network of fellow professionals with a heart for sustainability. Many of them have become good friends. On this stage I have been able to represent the Dutch business community and my own company, in order to share our unique experience in this field with others. This is exactly what I hope to see in the upcoming Young Leaders Network that we have created, and what now finds fertile ground within the UN Global Compact in 11 countries!”
“I’d recommend all young professionals to be part of this valuable movement to accelerate achievement of the SDGs. Participating in the YPP was an inspiring, educational, challenging and fun experience, and moreover, it was amazing to see our group evolving into a close team of ambitious people striving towards the same ideals of a sustainable society!“
Remona van der Zon
“During the Global Compact program, I worked with young professionals from other inspiring companies on the SDGs of the United Nations. SDG 12 Responsible Consumption & Production had our focus, by organizing a Food Waste dinner and in collaboration with BrightVibes to create online content to increase awareness!”
“As a young professional and creative mind in my company, my team and I always felt our potentials as daring but highly trained minds are not reached when it comes to having an actual positive impact on our world. But now having been fortunate enough to have worked and succeeded in the YPP of the GCNL I realized what I was missing were like-minded individuals who I now can call friends and with whom I became part of something bigger than my personal impact! I actively learned about how I can use my creativity and channel my company’s potential for sustainable and social purposes. With this knowledge, I returned to my UNGC member company Tiny Giants to work for ideas that will bring change! I know that the Young Leaders Network that we have created within the UN Global Compact in 11 countries, is just the beginning of this urgent and determined movement.”
“Big dreams start small. Great action often starts with young and ambitious people. For the sake of a better life and a better world, for our own generation and for the prosperity of future generations, we have to take action now. We, the young professionals, no matter where we are from and no matter who we are, can never stop being the advocates for diversity, respect, equality, and sustainability. We are the SDG activists who believe that empowerment of the community, rather than charity, is the key to sustainability. The YPP empowers young leaders who encourage their peers, engage and motivate them to grow, and become a source of inspiration!”
“The YPP is a unique opportunity to work (and learn!) with people from different backgrounds & industries, that share the same passion to work for a more sustainable & fair planet. I look forward seeing the Global YPP take shape and contributing for the SDGs. It was a refreshing external perspective that helped me grow as a professional and as a person.”
“In 2017 I joined the first Young Professional Program of Global Compact Netherlands. Together with a group of 20 other enthusiastic young professionals from different (multi)national organizations we were asked to create more awareness around the SDGs. It was a very nice experience in which I was able to work closely together with like-minded professionals from other organizations on a sustainability topic close to my heart. It was an insightful project in which I was able to expand my network and share and gain knowledge on the SDGs.”
“YYP is a great programme for creating action on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) with other young professionals. As we working for different companies, we can discuss subjects concerning the SDGs from several perspectives. It’s inspiring to see everyone grow and feel more and more excited about the actual results we achieved during the programme.”
“Just as the best way to learn the nuances of real leadership is to get out of your comfort zone and learn to collaborate with professionals from other companies, where you exert no vertical authority, real sustainability is about harnessing people’s ambition and drive towards a win-win situation for business and the environment we operate in, human and environmental. These two values are uniquely connected by one thing: your capacity to understand and inspire the people around you to do good for themselves and the world. If you aspire to become a transformational leader and make a positive impact, the YPP will take you one step further in that direction“