Position Title: Program Management Trainee
Location: The Hague, the Netherlands
The United Nations Global Compact is the largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world, and has an unparalleled global reach and the exclusive opportunity to activate a diverse network of businesses to advance sustainable development in collaboration with investors, Government, UN and civil society stakeholders.
In the 2022-2024 strategy of Global Compact Network Netherlands, the organization has identified peer-to-peer learning spaces as an essential programmatic delivery method to achieve impact, and effectively support the Dutch business community.
As a trainee, you will be responsible for supporting the organization and facilitation of the first peer-to-peer learning spaces in the areas of Gender Equality and Climate Action. Furthermore, you’ll support the program managers to make our impact indicators more concrete and measurable.
Candidates should have exceptional communication and collaboration skills, be passionate about the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and preferentially have experience in or a strong connection to facilitating workshops/sessions, and project management
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and support the organization and facilitation of the first peer-to-peer learning spaces in the areas of Gender Equality and Climate Action.
- Support and represent the organization during in-person and virtual meetings with stakeholders, including, the design and delivery of presentations, reports and other materials.
- Involvement with preparations for the strategic planning of more peer-to-peer learning spaces in 2023-2024, as well as setting targets and measuring our impact indicators.
- Other duties and projects, as applicable
- Follows a relevant study.
- Excellent communicator in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
- Practical experience with facilitating sessions/workshops, and project management.
- Flexible and service-oriented team player with can-do and eager-to-learn attitude.
November 2022 -April 2023 (3 days per week). Option to write MSc thesis on topic internship.
€500 per month.
During your traineeship, you will work closely together with, and you will receive professional support from Marco Swan (Sr. Program Manager) and Jamie Holton (Program Manager, Gender Equality).
Please include the below documents in your email submission to Linda van Beek, Executive Director Global Compact Network Netherlands, email@example.com before 14 October 2022:
- Cover letter (max 1 A4)
If selected for the interview round, you’ll be invited for an in-person meeting at the Malietoren (Bezuidenhoutseweg 12, The Hague) sometime between 17-25 October.