Position Title: Participant Engagement Manager
Location: The Hague, the Netherlands
The Participant Engagement Manager, Netherlands, will be responsible for supporting participating companies in the UN Global Compact in The Netherlands and recruiting more responsible businesses to join the initiative in The Netherlands. Working closely with our global Outreach & Engagement team, the Manager will be responsible for recruiting companies and ensuring that each one has a clear understanding of the expertise, tools, support, training, and convening opportunities available to them as participants of the UN Global Compact. By attracting businesses to join and efficiently access this support, the Manager will enable businesses to more effectively shape their business strategies and operations to help the world meet the SDGs while also delivering strong business results.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and deliver national growth strategy and plan – as agreed during ‘One Global Compact’ annual planning cycle.
- Leads outreach and engagement in The Netherlands through presentations, public engagements, marketing partnerships, etc. to extend the awareness and reach of the UN Global Compact among relevant business audiences.
- Attracts businesses to join the UNGC through effective communication of the value and support that the UN Global Compact delivers to business participants.
- Personally manages business prospect pipeline from vetting to timely follow-up to prospect conversion to joining.
- Leads in the onboarding of new business participants, supporting them to be able to make most use of their participation in the UN Global Compact.
- Nurtures excellent relationships with UN Global Compact business participants in The Netherlands. Understands their business needs, their sustainability challenges and helps them avail of the relevant engagement opportunities the UN Global Compact offers to help them set and make progress on ambitious sustainability goals.
- Builds an understanding of business participant needs. Gathers feedback and provides insight back to the UNGC team to help direct strategy and plans to better meet business needs.
- Actively uses and shapes tools to improve Participant Engagement efficiency, and company satisfaction, including the Global Compact database, CRM software (Salesforce), tracking and reporting systems.
- Helps business participants with ongoing administration and customer support: application review, on-boarding, annual reporting (Communication on Progress), maintaining and updating company profile/contact info, logo requests, etc.
SKILLS AND CAPACITIES
- Passion for client service and client impact (incl. Key Account Management)
- Persuasive and engaging communication skills:
- Advanced proficiency in key digital tools (Salesforce/other CRM systems)
- Proven delivery of results
- Outstanding feedback from companies participating in the UN Global Compact in The Netherlands.
- Increased numbers of companies joining the UN Global Compact in The Netherlands.
- Increased awareness of the UN Global Compact and the value proposition and support it delivers to businesses in The Netherlands.
- Integrity: Demonstrates the values of the United Nations in daily activities and behaviors; acts without consideration of personal gain; resists undue political pressure in decision-making; does not abuse power or authority; stands by decisions that are in the Organization’s interest, even if they are unpopular; and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behavior.
- Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Respect for Diversity: Works effectively with people from all backgrounds; treats all people with dignity and respect; treats men and women equally; shows respect for and understanding of diverse points of view and demonstrates this understanding in daily work and decision-making, examines own biases and behaviors to avoid stereotypical responses, and does not discriminate against any individual or group.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- EDUCATION: A first-level university degree in business administration, management, economics, political science, social science or related field.
- WORK EXPERIENCE: Three plus years of experience in account management, sales & marketing, customer support, or related field. Experience in the field of sustainability is a significant advantage.
- Affinity with the Sustainable Development Goals is required
- Proficiency in English and Dutch is required.
To apply for this job, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.