Position Title: Internship / Project Manager, Global Goals
Location: The Hague, the Netherlands
The United Nations Global Compact is the largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world, and has an unparalleled global reach and the exclusive opportunity to activate a diverse network of businesses to advance sustainable development in collaboration with investors, Government, UN and civil society stakeholders.
Throughout the year Global Compact Network Netherlands organizes many campaigns and events to stimulate awareness and action towards the Sustainable Development Goals, such as the SDG Pioneer Campaign, the SDG Flag Initiative, the launch of the National SDG Report, and more. Moreover, in our 2022-2024 strategy it is a key objective to become and be recognized as the Centre of Excellence regarding the SDGs in business.
As a trainee you will fulfill the role of Global Goals Project Manager, in which you will be responsible for supporting the actions and campaigns to simulate awareness and action towards the SDGs for business. In this way you directly contribute to our ambition to accelerate and upscale impact towards achieving Agenda 2030.
Candidates should have exceptional communication and collaboration skills, be passionate about the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and preferentially have practical experience in or a strong connection to project management, communication, events management, and/or marketing activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and support the 2022 SDG Pioneer Campaign and the launch event for the National SDG Report 2021
- Support and represent the organization during in-person and virtual meetings with stakeholders, including, the design and delivery of presentations, reports and other materials.
- Involvement with preparations for the 2022 SDG Flag Day for September 2022.
- Other duties and projects, as applicable
- Bachelor or higher in a relevant field (e.g. Marketing, Business, Communication, Sustainability)
- Excellent communicator in Dutch and English, both verbally and writing
- Practical experience with project management
- Flexible and service-oriented team player with can-do and eager-to-learn attitude
DURATION: February-July 2022 (3 days per week). Option to write MSc thesis on topic internship.
COMPENSATION:€500 per month
SUPPORT:During your traineeship you will work closely together with and you will receive professional support from Marco Swan (Program Manager) and Linda van Beek (Executive Director)
RECRUITMENT PROCESS: Please include the below documents in your email submission to Linda van Beek, Executive Director Global Compact Network Netherlands, firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 December 2021:
- Cover letter (max 1 A4)
- Results 16Personalities Test