Peer Learning Groups
The peer learning groups (PLGs) bring together UN Global Compact NL participants with experts to discuss the challenges in addressing a variety of sustainability topics, share good practices, and identify concrete actions that companies can take. The sessions are participant-driven and highly interactive.
In 2023, we ran two pilot groups on Climate Action and Gender Equality.
In 2024, we will run 3 peer learning groups:
- Climate Action: covering topics such as SBTi net-zero pathway, Just Transition, Climate Scenario Development, Climate Roadmap Development and Collective Pathway Creation
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI): covering topics such as improving equality within the company between people of different genders, ages, cultural backgrounds, physical and mental abilities, and how to report and monitor your company’s progress.
- Human Rights: covering topics such as due diligence & legislation at the global/EU/local level, living wage, child labour, and occupational safety hazards (OSH)
Join if you want to:
- Exchange best practices and challenges with peers on themes of your interest in a confidential, constructive, and educational environment
- Increase your visibility on practices in relevant areas towards peers by participating in peer learning group discussions and presentations
- Establish yourself as an ambassador within the UN Global Compact NL on your chosen topic, which can lead to speaking opportunities at our events, programmes, and global/regional platforms
Peer Learning Group format:
- 10-20 participating companies, including at least two co-leading companies (more info below)
- Each company pays a fee of €250 to join with 1 or 2 representatives
- 6 sessions a year between March and November. This includes 1 welcome call (1 hour), 4 in-person workshops (3 hours), and 1 in-person closing reflection session (2 hours).
- The groups are run in English (unless all group participants prefer Dutch).
- Participants must be able to demonstrate that they have reached a certain level of maturity in the thematic area of the relevant peer learning group
- Participants cannot apply to more than one peer learning group at the same time
- Participants must be able to join the workshops and closing session in person
We will hold an onboarding call with each group’s co-leads during the morning of 5 March and a welcome call for each group on 12 March 2024 at these times:
- Climate: 09:30-10:30
- DEI: 11:00-12:00
- Human rights: 15:00-16:00
Responsibilities PLG co-leading companies
- Hold preparation meetings (co-lead meetings)
- Invite lecturers, set agenda, manage budget
- Communicate PLG meetings to participants
- Run the PLG meetings
- Co-leads take turns as lead record keeper
- Support UNGC NL in creating outcome document
- (Optional) – Run sub-groups
- Provide feedback to UNGC NL to help improve format
- Assing 2 company representatives who will actively participate in 2023
- Provide input for PLG Meetings if applicable
- Attend at least 4 meetings
- If participating organizations misses more than 2 sessions, they will be removed from the group and will not be mentioned in the outcomes document.
- Provide feedback to UNGC NL and co-leads to help improve format
Please express your interest for 2024 below and we will share more details with you in January 2024.
"*" indicates required fields