General Assembly Global Compact Network Netherlands H2
All members of the Global Compact Network Netherlands are invited to participate in this regular meeting which will take place on Thursday 1 December in Malietoren, The Hague from 14:00-16:00 CET.
This General Assembly is very important for the Global Compact Network Netherlands. While VNO-NCW supported the local network as a host organization, for the last years, Global Compact Netherlands will become operational independent reaching the highest level of maturity in line with the UNGC quality standards. During this General Assembly, we will present the new organizational structure, the results achieved in 2022, and our priorities for 2023.
We are proud to announce our guest speakers: Prince Jaime de Bourbon de Parme (Ministry of Economy and Climate, the Netherlands) , Wineke Haagsma (PwC) and Aniek Moonen (Jonge Klimaatbeweging) who will reflect on the key takeaways from COP27 and its role for the Dutch business community.
If you plan to attend this event, please fill out the registration form HERE.
Walk-in and Check-in (13:30-14:00)
• Opening: welcome, competition statement, agenda run-through (14:00-14:05)
• Keynote Speech by Prince Jaime de Bourbon de Parme (14:05-14:30)
• Discussion: “Dutch perspectives on COP27 and key takeaways for the Business Community” with guest speakers Wineke Haagsma (PwC), Aniek Moonen (Youth Climate Movement Netherlands), followed by Q&A (14:30-15:00)
• General updates UNGC and GCNL (15:10-15:20)
• Presentation of operational independency (15:20-15:30)
• Results 2022 & annual plan 2023 and budget overview (15:30-15:40)
• Pitches by Young Professionals Team and SDG Young Leaders Network (15:40-15:55)
• Tour de Table & Closing (15:55-16:00)
Networking Drinks and Information Tables (16:00-17:00)
After the General Assembly, we will welcome you to our networking drinks. We want you to make the most of your participation in the Global Compact and get to know our team. Join us and learn more about the following areas:
- Climate Action & SDGs
- Human Rights & Gender Equality
- Engagement: Academy & Ambassador Program
- Local & Global Events
- Young Leadership
Aniek MoonenVoorzitter bij Jonge Klimaatbeweging
Aniek Moonen is 25 years old and president of the Youth Climate Movement in the Netherlands. As president of the Youth Climate Movement, she represents more than 70 youth organizations and over 1,000,000 Dutch young people in the political climate debate. She combines her expertise in the field of sustainability with multiple themes. These themes include: (intergenerational) climate justice, socio-economic transitions and broad prosperity. Moonen is currently doing a master’s degree in Global Business and Sustainability at Erasmus University. She is also part of the independent Expert Team on the Energy System in 2050 commissioned by Minister Jetten.
Jaime de Bourbon de Parme Climate Envoy of the Netherlands at Ministry of Economy and Climate, the Netherlands