Fostering SDG-alignment of SMEs: Path to Financial Success
In The Netherlands and The United Kingdom, the majority of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are challenged when it comes to playing a role in the green transition, as their resources are limited, and the current sustainability targets are ambitious. Lack of financing is often a reason why SMEs cannot act sustainably and contribute to a more sustainable economy.
As for the regulatory environment, regulatory ESG measures applicable to businesses are constantly changing, and expectations from investors, government, and other stakeholders are growing. SMEs must step on the sustainability path to avoid the risk of failing against standards.
SMEs also increasingly have to make non-financial sustainability information transparent. According to the European Commission, many SMEs are facing growing requests for non-financial sustainability information – typically from banks that lend them money and large companies that they supply. The transition to a sustainable economy is likely to mean that collecting and sharing sustainability information becomes common business practice for companies of all sizes.
Even though the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive proposal is mainly applicable to large companies, SMEs will also face proportionate standards applicable to them. Following those standards will help SMEs to report information to banks, large-company clients and other stakeholders.
In this webinar speaker from the following organisations attend: PwC, Clifford Chance, EMMA Safety Footwear, InvestNL, and Nunner Logistics about:
• What ESG regulations (including the SDGs) are we facing?
• How will you use the SDGs to tell your company’s strategic story?
• How do you measure progress on the sustainability themes to show the steps towards the SDG ambitions?
• How is this aligned with the upcoming mandatory regulation?
• How can SDG alignment ultimately help SMEs to become more financially attractive?
- Expert Introduction to the topic - Focused on reporting
- By Evelien Spitteler, PwC
- Panel Discussion and Q&A
- With speakers from consulting agency Clifford Chance, Dutch Investment Agency (Invest-NL), EMMA Safety Footwear (SME), and Nunner Logistics (SME)
Speakers:Andrea van Dijk, Angela McEwan, Arthur van Gerven, Iris van Wanrooij
Andrea van DijkESG Officer at Invest-NL
Angela McEwanPartner at Clifford Chance
Anton ValkChairman at The Netherlands British Chamber of Commerce
Arthur van GervenBoardmember and CSO of Baerbergh Adventure Capital
Evelien SpittelerSenior Manager - ESG Team at PwC
Iris van WanrooijProgram Manager CSR at EMMA Safety Footwear
Linda van BeekExecutive Director at UN Global Compact Network Netherlands