Apply to be Strategic Events Manager
As Strategic Events Manager at the Global Compact Network Netherlands (GCNL) you will be in charge of managing the event cycle of our local network. You set up small to large, virtual and/or physical events with the aim to bring and share knowledge to our members and to contribute to sustainability. Moreover, you are responsible for following up on opportunities for GCNL to be involved in external events by the United Nations Global Compact, our members, and other (partner) organizations.
- Small and diverse team in NL, part of the world’s largest corporate sustainability
- Dynamic, international, fast-moving and experience-focused
- Purpose-driven non-profit organization affiliated to the United Nations
- Office based in The Hague
- Strong affinity with the SDGs and knowledge of sustainable business/CSR.
- Growth mindset; the event cycle as a driver to achieve GCNL strategic targets
- Pro-active in recognizing and acting on important (event) details
- Practical experience with event management
- Experience with working in an international environment
- Based in the Netherlands or willing to move to the Netherlands
- University degree required
- Event Cycle & Network Management
- Deepening content and diversification
- Optimize the connection between (non-)business organizations and GCNL
- Ensure that all stakeholder interests are adequately considered and served throughout
our event cycle.
- Entry-level job
- Part-time: 4 days per week
- Six-month temporary contract, with intention to extend to a more permanent contract
- Start date: March 2021
Please send a resumé and motivation letter to Linda van Beek at email@example.com before Monday 1 February 2021.
Mission & Vision of Global Compact Network Netherlands
On the ground, companies face unique challenges to operate responsibly and have different opportunities to make a positive impact. The Local Networks of UN Global Compact advance corporate sustainability at the grassroots level in over 85 countries by making Global Goals Local Business.
Global Compact Network Netherlands aims to mobilize a local movement of sustainable companies and stakeholders with the purpose of improving the lives of future generations.
Guided by the Ten Principles and the 17 SDGs we support companies and stakeholders in understanding what responsible business means within a global and local context and provide guidance to translate sustainability commitments into action.
Global Compact Network Netherlands stimulates and facilitates the creation of local connections and catalyzes companies and stakeholders to achieve the 2030 Agenda.
Because we believe by working together, we can change the future.